About the Club
The aim of the club is to play and promote Badminton for all.
Our members are players from beginner to County standard and all are supported by registered Badminton England coaches. We participate in all the local leagues (West Dorset Badminton League, South East Somerset Badminton League and Taunton Badminton League).
We are Somerset's only Badminton Club holding both the Badminton England Premier Club and Sport England Clubmark. We run both adult and junior sessions. We are currently based in Westlands Sports & Fitness Centre, Westbourne Close, Yeovil.
The club was formed in April 2016 from the merger of Yeovil Graduates Badminton Club and Westlands Badminton Club.
The aims and objectives in our club constitution are...
- Play and promote Badminton
- Affiliate to Somerset County Badminton Association and Badminton England
- Encourage young people to continue playing badminton into adulthood and to help them achieve higher standards of play
- Offer all club members the opportunity to participate in league badminton where possible
- Provide duty of care and protection to all club members
- Make sure all club members are treated equitably
- Offer badminton coaching and competition opportunities to all members